BYP - MR2's
In recent years the Honda K-Series engine has become a hugely popular swap for a vast
array of platforms including many mid-engine chassis. Of these, the MR2 in all three of its
iterations, has become one of the most common to receive the high-revving Honda engine
and in turn is now a fairly common place to find our QKE8J 5-Speed Sequential Gearbox. Of
all the companies providing these conversions BYP might well be the Kings having built not
one but two ludicrously fast examples.
The ‘OTM’ MR2 owned by Adrian Pazman dispatched all competition at the Motive DVD Cootamundra Thrash last year, setting a new PB and breaking his own World Record with an 8.7@169mph. This is an utterly preposterous number for a 2WD car on a completely unprepped surface and earned him the titles of Fastest RWD and Fastest 2WD 4-Cylinder.
BYP’s own shop car the ‘BYP700’ is no slouch either, consistently running low 9 second passes, again on a totally unprepped airstrip which was enough to take the top step in the 2019 Motive DVD 2WD shootout.
What makes the performance of these two cars even more astonishing is the fact that they are both genuine road cars with full interiors that are driven to and from events, not too many of the competition can say that.
- 2019 - Cootamundra Thrash Fastest RWD and Fastest 2WD 4-Cylinder - 8.7@169mph
- 2018 - Cootamundra Thrash Fastest RWD and Fastest 2WD 4-Cylinder - 9.141@161mph
- 2018 - WTAC Turbosmart Flying 500 3rd Overall and Fastest RWD - 251kph
- 2019 - Motive DVD 2WD shootout winner - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Momentum Motorsport Exclusive QKE8J 5-Speed Sequential Gearboxes
- Momentum Motorsport Exclusive ATB Differentials